We only provide training for group bookings at work sites where the equipment is available. We don’t run regular courses or provide training to individuals.
The Gold Card is issued by the Telescopic Handlers Association of Australia and provides evidence of “duty of care” training. A forklift licence does not cover the use of a telehandler variable reach rough terrain type vehicles.
- Jib or hook (Telehandler with less than a 3t SWL)
- Work Platform (boom length less than 11m)
The Gold card will only be is issued for the attachments used. All required attachments must be available on the day of training.
- Planning and preparing for operations
- Hazard identification and risk control
- Conducting equipment checks
- Safe set up and use including attachments and stabilisers
- Selecting, fitting and removing attachments.
- Interpret load charts to ensure safe load shifting
- Safe load movement
- Fault reporting procedures
- Shut down and securing of plant
- Assessment in theory knowledge
- Assessment in practical knowledge
5 – 8 hours depending on numbers and experience of operators.
- Cost depends on classes required, location and number of trainees.
- A tailored quote will be given.
- Cost could be as low as $250 Per Person plus GST for groups of 8 or more
- Participants provide one form of photo ID
- All participants must be able to understand English
- Suitable equipment in serviceable condition
- Suitable training area for theory and practical training on the equipment
Telehandler Gold Card is not a High Risk Work License. The Gold Card cover does not cover:
- A work platform is attached to a telehandler with a reach over 11 metres
- A jib or hook attached to a telehandler with a capacity over 3 tonne. See attached link “Licensing & Training Requirements”
The Telescopic Handler Association of Australia Gold Card is recognised by all major manufacturers & suppliers. It:
- Confirms that the operators of Telehandlers have been trained in their safe use.
- The supplier, employer and user all have documentary evidence that the required duty of care has been met or exceeded.
You might find the answers to any questions you have on the Frequently Asked Questions Page Telescopic Handler
Refresher training is also available. For more information click here Refresher Training
Verification of Competency (VOC) is also available for this. For more information click here Verification of Competency (VOC)
To enquire about one of our Sydney based telescopic handler training courses please call 0410 019 149.