This depends on the State you are in, the attachment used and the capacity of the machine. See attached table
• Fork attachments -There is no requirement for a HRW licence and is not covered by a forklift licence
• Work Platforms attachments – If using a work platform on a machine capable of going higher 11 metres, you need the WP class HRW licence.
• Jib attachments non-slewing telehandler – If using a jib on a machine with a capacity over 3 tonne, you need a minimum of CN class crane HRW licence.
• Jib attachments slewing telehandler – If using a jib on a machine with a capacity over 3 tonne, you need a minimum of C2 class crane HRW licence.
• For anything else there is no requirement for any HRW licence. You need some form of duty of care training in the unit of competency. The Telehandler Gold Card is the most recognised in meeting this legal requirement.
Need your workers trained?